In memory of Mbuya Bingepinge



Newspaper Article about Mbuya Bingepinge
A month  and a week is past now since my Grandmother’s death and I write this article in her honour. A few days before my grandmother died I was with her and she was encouraging me to quickly go to Zambia and start my missionary work. I didn’t have much money since I was saving up for travel and living expenses but it was like the Holy Spirit urged me to give her a present so I gave her a small amount of money to assist in paying water bill. She was really happy and smiled. She gave me a fleece blanket and I was happy to receive it. We prayed and I left for Harare.

In Harare on the day of my travel to Lusaka my grandmother called me on my cell phone and she said I give you Psalm 23 and Hymn 169 and she gave me encouraging words and I just thought she is bidding me farewell because I’m leaving my home country.

I travelled well to Zambia and finding a house was easy and everything went on smoothly.
One day I dreamt Phrophet Bushiri, he touched my shoulder and was looking really concerned for me. He said, ‘You are very sad.’ He repeated the same statement and I seemed to be agreeing with what he was saying.

When I woke up I was baffled, Why would I agree and say I’m very sad when in actual fact everything was going smoothly?

 I wasn’t sad I was very happy! I just didn't know I was soon to be sad.

A day before my grandmother’s death, in the evening in my bedroom I started giving praise to God and singing like I have never done before. The next day is when I received the sad news that my grandmother had passed away.

My family members encouraged me that I should stay and not travel because grandma would have wanted me to stay at work. I listened but the next day I just wondered what I was doing all alone, she is not just my grandma she is the person who helped to raise me since I was a baby.

I had to go. The Holy Spirit said it’s a revival not a funeral plus I had this hope for a miracle that she would wake up.

I travelled well home and indeed it was a revival not a funeral. The Pastors were preaching uplifting sermons and people were singing praises giving Glory to God. There was one particular uplifting song Tichawonana naiwo Vatsvene vekudenga (We will meet with the Holy ones in Heaven).

On the day of my grandma’s burial, there were many wonderful testimonies given by people. All the testimonies had three things in common, Jesus, Prayer & benevolence. When I stood to speak the first words out of my mouth were not really my own but inspired by the Holy Spirit, I said My heart gives praise to God. I’m sure some people must have wondered or mocked me because these words are not really appropriate at a funeral. It is only recently that I discovered from reading the book of Jasher. The story of Abraham when he went to offer Isaac as a sacrifice to God that though Abraham was sad, his heart rejoiced in the Lord.

Jasher 23: 64 And the hearts of Abraham and Isaac rejoiced at this thing which the Lord had commanded them; but the eye wept bitterly whilst the heart rejoiced.

Sarah too was greatly sad for she knew her only son would be offered up to God but still her heart rejoiced.

Jasher 23:82 Thou art just, O Lord our God, for all thy works are good and righteous; for I also am rejoiced with thy word which thou didst command, and while mine eye wippeth bitterly my heart rejoiceth.

I also rejoice for her because she now rests from her labour but I miss her.

Mbuya Bingepinge giving a sermon at St James Methodist Church

Five good lessons received from grandma


1.       Work hard to please God first then your neighbour and lastly yourself. Don’t be lazy, find something to do to activate your talents and to support yourself and others.

2.       Pray in the morning, pray in the afternoon, pray in the evening. Pray at all times. God answers prayers in the morning, God answers prayer in the afternoon, God answers prayer in the evening. God answers prayers at all times.

3.       Support the work of Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists, Missionaries, Church Choir, Widows and Orphans. Live out your faith!

4.       Trust in God! All things are possible to those who believe.

5.       Do not turn down a request to work in the house of God. If asked to pray; pray. If asked to Lay Lead, be Lay Leader; if asked to sing, sing! Why should you run away from God’s call and find yourself colliding with God? 


Grandma Arrives early at Clere to pray for the revival
I love you grandma, I know heaven and its hosts rejoice because of you. I strongly believe in my heart you have gone before us to check how everything has been made ready for the biggest reunion ever to happen in a short while after the rapture of the Bride of Christ just as you did on earth when you went early to crusade meetings to pray for the crusades.





Brothers and Sisters in Christ Prepare, make yourself ready, the Bridegroom is coming!!! Jesus Christ is coming and He won’t delay! Let us now put our spiritual houses in order by embracing repentance in the Name of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, Leading in love, Living Holy lives as the Holy Spirit convicts us, righteousness by faith in Jesus, Truth as found in the Word of God and Humility desiring mercy all the way until His marvellous and promised coming.

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful ,inspiring ,rich and motivating message am glad yu also my amainini and the missionary work is still on the highway .Gogo taught us well "if your dreams ndont scare you their arent big enough"

    ReplyDelete